From US Highway 280
- Go west on Valleydale Road / Hwy 17.
- As you approach I-65, get in the left-hand lane and stay there. On the other side of the interchange, the road will eventually narrow to one lane again.
- At US Hwy 31, make sure you are in the correct lane to go straight across. The two left lanes and far right lane are turn lanes.
- After you cross US 31, you will be going southwest on Shelby Cty Hwy 261.
- Continue on Hwy 261 for 5.5 miles. This will take you through Old Town Helena and past the Helena Post Office.
- After you pass the Helena Post Office, turn right at the next traffic light onto Morgan Road (Hwy 52 West).
- Go west on Hwy 52 for about 4 miles until you see Shallow Lake Road (the entrance to a golf driving range, on your left).
- Turn left at the very next driveway. (If you reach Cherokee Beach Road / Shelby Cty 93 you have gone too far.)
- At the foot of the driveway you will see a stone planter and the sign for Grace Christian Church.
- Go up the hill to the church building. You will pass a chalet on your right, which is the regional office of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Alabama-Northwest Florida.
- Grace's chapel is at the top of the drive. The Fellowship Hall is on the lower level and the Sanctuary is on the upper level.
Welcome to Grace Christian Church!